This Sunday, April 19 from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Homemade Casseroles for the Homebound - Fully prepare casseroles and freeze in an 8×8 disposable pan. Please include a label with thawing and baking instructions with each casserole. If you need a recipe that can be easily prepared and frozen, contact Tammy Benton. Feel free to use your own recipe also. All casseroles need to be in the church kitchen by 4:00 p.m. next Sunday.
- Casserole Delivery for the Homebound - We need drivers to deliver the casseroles. Names and addresses will be available for you in the church kitchen. (If we have more casseroles than needed for our homebound, we will find others in our church family that would be grateful to receive one.)
- Neighborhood Christian Center – Organizing - The NCC receives donations of food, clothes, hygiene items, etc. You will be helping someone at the center organize all of these donations.
- Neighborhood Christian Center – Landscaping - This is limited to 6 men who will go to the NCC’s transitional home and do basic outdoor work to clean up the lawn.
- Presbyterian Towers - Visit and play games with the residents at Presbyterian Towers. Please bring a game with you if you sign up for this group. This group is limited to 15 people.
We are looking for 12 volunteers who would be willing to do interior painting for a current Habitat House under construction at 885 Black Rd. Somerville, Al. 35670. The painting day is scheduled for Saturday, April 25 beginning at 8:00 a.m. If you have any questions, please contact the church office or see Greg Ethridge. Please use the sign-up sheet at the Information Table. (Lunch will be provided.)
Annie Armstrong Easter Offering
We have reached and exceeded our goal of $6,000. To date we have received a total of $7,860. If you would still like to support our North American Missions, use the offering envelopes located in your pew rack.
Mother’s Day Breakfast
All mothers are invited to join us in the Activity Room during Sunday School on May 10 at 9:00 a.m. for breakfast. We would love to celebrate your roles as mothers. Please sign-up at the Information Table.
Women at the Well
Our next Women at the Well Meeting will be Thursday, April 16 at 6:00 p.m.
Gridirons Men’s Conference
If you plan on attending the Gridiron 2015 on June 19-20 at the B.J.C.C. Arena in Birmingham, please let Joey Smothers know as soon as possible. The cost is now $149 per person which includes conference cost and lodging.
The Children’s Ministry Exchange will be hosting a pancake breakfast at Decatur Baptist to support WinShape Camp Saturday, May 2 from 7:00 – 10:00 a.m. All proceeds will go into a scholarship fund. Tickets are $5 each. Please see Bridgette Guest to purchase your ticket.
The ladies will play their first game Monday, April 20 at 6:15 p.m., field 1. The men play Tuesday, April 21 at 6:15 p.m., field 2. They both could use the fan support!
To follow this seasons ladies’ schedule and scores, please click here
To follow this seasons men’s schedule and scores, please click here
Senior Game Night
There will be a Game Night for the Senior Adults Friday, April 24 from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. in the Activity Room. All Senior Adults are invited. Please bring finger foods. If you are interested, please sign-up at the Information Table or on your bulletin tab.
Promiseland Preschool 2015-2016 Registration
Promiseland is now accepting registration forms for the 2015-2016 school year. Promiseland welcomes children ages 6 weeks through 4 years. For registration forms, please click the link below.
Promiseland Preschool Registration Form, Schedule, & Supply List 2015-2016
On Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m. in the Fieldhouse, we are learning how to, not just read the Bible, but study it for ourselves. Join us as we study the book of Joshua. We usually have food, please contact Melissa Moore to let her know if you plan on attending.
Youth Ministry Summer Internship
We will be starting a summer internship program for our youth ministry this summer. There will be two positions available for one guy and one girl between the ages of 16 and 22. There is an application that will need to be filled out and a committee will select the students for these positions. This is for those that have an interest in ministry and will be a very serious position to help one to evaluate a possible calling to the ministry. The program will last for 10 weeks and there will be a $100 a week stipend for each position. Anyone interested can receive an application from Brandon. All applications will be due by April 19. This is only open to members of Parkview Baptist.
The youth will be having a S.N.A.C. Sunday, April 26 following the Sunday night service from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. Drinks will be provided.
AWANA will be this Wednesday evening at 5:45 p.m.
This Sunday Evening for Children
All kids (Mission Friends, Children, & the 5th & 6th Grade) will not meet this Sunday evening, April 19, due to Missions Possible.